Whether you’re importing new leave balances or updating current ones, the leave balances import feature makes managing your employees time off quick an easy.
Before you start
Prepare your CSV file with the following in mind:
- You must have either an email address or a user ID for each contact you import. Otherwise, the record will not land in the database.
- Mind the data format; the default is UTF-8.
- Include column headings.
Leave balances import template
A download import template file – click here
- You can choose import mode: import new leave balances or update existing leave balances,
- Import can be performed only with having vacation types already defined. If you haven’t done this yet, go to Settings>Time Off>Vacation types and set preferable types.
Formats are supported
- ID – any string of characters and numbers used in employees profiles. If you are not using the ID parameter for employees profiles leave this column empty. The system will identify and link records with employees by email address.
- Code – vacation type code. Each vacation type has it’s own, unique code predefined in Settings>Time off>Vacation types. If the row will contain not exsiting code or will have no code at all, the system won’t assign any data.
- Limit – number of days or hours. Put here total annual leave entitlement calculated for given employee.
- Limit to use – number of days or hours. Put here actual leave balance available for given employee. Limit left to use might be the same or lower than Limit.
- Year – specific year to which limit refers.
Each row represents one limit of particular vacation type for one employee. If you would like to import leave balances for a few years or employees are entitled to several vacation types at once, please put each limit in separate row of the spreadsheet.
- Go to Settings tab on the left menu and then to Time off>Vacation types .
- Select button “Import leave balances”.
- Choose mode: add new OR update exists and click “Next”.
- Browse file and select and “Next”.
- After your file has been uploaded, match the fields that contain employee data.
- Click Import.
- Review your employee import report.