Whether you’re building new employee profiles or updating existing profiles, the employee import feature has several benefits that make maintaining your employee’s information easy.
Before you start
Prepare your CSV file with the following in mind:
- You must have either an email address or a user ID for each contact you import. Otherwise, the contact will not land in the database.
- Mind the data format; the default is UTF-8.
- Include column headings.
Employee import template
A download import template file – click here
- You can choose import mode: import new employees or update existing employee profiles,
- Based on the data from the file, the following are also automatically created: localize, departments, job positions, manager-subordinate relationship,
- You decide which group of permission is assigned to new employees,
- You decide which Onboarding workflow is assigned to new employees,
- You can automatically send “Welcome message” to new employees .
Formats are supported
Data descriptions (* is required data)
- *Branch(location) – Name of the branch; Branch has a timezone, country, manager of Branch. Some data is used in e.g. Time Off, Time tracking module,
- Department – Name of Department, will automatically create such a record and assigning an employee to this department,
- Parent Department – Name of parent department; One of the earlier ones may be listed, or a new department name may be given. Will be assigned as the override to the given department name.
- Job position – the name of Job position, will automatically create such a record and assigning an employee to this position,
- ID – any string of characters and numbers, helpful in integration with SSO or other system for matching employees records,
- Type ID – enter the name in the cell: ID [options is no longer supported]
- *E-mail – a unique e-mail address must be entered, will not import a record with a duplicate e-mail address,
- Supervisor – or manager; enter the supervisor’s e-mail address, during the import, a user will be searched for with this address assigned as the supervisor to this employee if no e-mail address is found, the supervisor will not be set to this user but the employee record will be imported,
- Employment day – date format is only DD-MM-YYYY,
- Birthday – date of birthday; date format is only DD-MM-YYYY; a different date format will prevent this data from being imported (the employee record will be imported). The date in the app is only displayed as DD-MM. It is possible to disable the display of this information in the entire system, for all users,
- Language interface – en_EN or pl_PL.
Default data in imported employee profile
- Employment status: hired,
- Activity status: active.
The import report displays the following information:
- How many records have been imported,
- How many records and the number of unimported records with the reason for the error
- Go to Employees tab on the left menu.
- Select button “Add employees” and choose Import from file.
- Click Upload file and select and upload file.
- Choose mode: import new record OR update exists.
- After your file has been uploaded, match the fields that contain employee data.
- Click Import.
- Review your employee import report.