The organizational chart is a graphic representation of created teams, departments and locations and the employees assigned to them. The chart gets bigger automatically every time new units are added and shows links between them.
Rules of the Org. Chart:
- An employee has only one Manager.
- An employee can belong to one department, one location and one organization.
- An employee has a job position assigned.
- Departments can be of parent and daughter type (thus creating a structure).
- A department is, among others, defined by the “Manager” parameter, so it may serve as information about another manager and as an approver role.
- Locations form a plain list: there are no relationships between departments and locations or organizations.
- Every location has contact details, which allows specifying the “place of work” (country in particular) of a given employee.
You can view the Org. Chart by going to the Employees tab and then to Org. Chart.
Two chart types are available:
- Organized by direct managers
- Organized by departments
You can set the default view available to the employees of their organization in Settings > Settings > Employees > Basic.