To start working with the system, you need to create an Org. Chart of the company to which employees will be assigned. You can do this in the Organization tab.
If employees use the system both in the Polish and English language versions or if you publish job offers in different languages, remember about translating descriptions and names of the Org. Chart units. The system will use thus created term dictionaries and adapt the language version of content to the user’s preferences.
The first step is to set the first Location. You have to add it even if your company has only one.
We suggest the following name: Headquarters.
You can create as many Locations as you need.
The second step in building the structure is to add the departments functioning in the company. Go to Organization > Departments and click the Add department button.
Every department can be described with the following parameters:
- Department name (this parameter is required),
- Parent department (it has to exist to be selected from the list; therefore, you should start creating departments from top down – for instance create the Management Board first),
- Manager (this information is crucial for many of the modules – e.g. Absence requests, Trainings – remember to supplement this information once employees are added),
- Department description,
- Cost center (they need to be created to be selectable from a list),
Adding job positions
The third step in building the structure of your company is to add job positions.
Go to Organization > Job positions > Add job position.
A job position can be described with the following parameters (for information purposes):
- Name (this parameter is required),
- Basic duties,
- Scope of authority,
- Required qualifications,
- Area (e.g. IT or HR),
- Job position type (e.g. a White collar).
A competence profile may be added to a given job position (if it has already been created).
If you want to learn how to build competence profiles, read this.
At tomHRM you can add a list of departments and job positions in bulk. How to do this? You can read about it here.
If a company consists of several organizations, you can add information about them and then assign employees to them.
You can add organizations in Settings > Settings > Employees > Organizations.
The last, but not least, step of building an organizational structure is to add employees. You can do it in bulk or one by one.
If you would like to learn how to add an employee, read this article.
If you are interested in learning how to add employees in bulk, go to this article.