A handful of principles
- You can create an unlimited number of onboarding paths.
- Every path can have an unlimited number of steps.
- Every path has a unique design for the welcome page.
- You can set only one onboarding process as default.
- Every onboarding process can be assigned to a job position/department, which allows more convenient and appropriate assignment of a path to a given employee.
- A newly created employee (user) is not automatically assigned to any onboarding process.
Managing paths and assigning employees
Creating an onboarding path
To create a path, go to Onboarding > Workflow and click on the Add Onboarding path button.
Creating onboarding steps
Editing onboarding paths
The steps in an onboarding path can be modified freely as long as no employees are assigned to them.
Once the first employee is added, you won’t be able to edit the steps anymore. This is because the completion of a path needs to be settled in a correct and coherent manner, without changing its content/length when it is active.
Copying a step
You can copy specific steps in a path to speed up the creation process.
Assigning employees to an onboarding path
An employee can be assigned to one onboarding path at a time.
During the assigning process, the paths will be suggested that are consistent with the department/job position of a given employee.