The function of training requests simplifies the process of gathering and processing training requests.
Who can submit training requests?
Training requests can be submitted by employees and their managers (both groups need access to the Trainings module at the Access=yes level at minimum).
Basic steps of the configuration of the training requesting process
- Select the department to manage requests in the Specify the HR Department field in Settings > General.
- In Settings > Trainings > General:
- You can enable and disable the possibility to submit training requests and specify which user group has access to it.
- Fill in the email address to which training request notifications are to be sent.
- Set to whom can training requests be sent.
How to set access to request list management?
Access to the Training requests is given to a user who has permissions at the level of Edit/remove=all in the Trainings module OR who belongs to the department set in Settings > General (the HR Department is set in most cases).
- Pending – a newly submitted request.
- Accepted by manager – a request submitted to the manager and accepted by them.
- Accepted by HR – a request accepted by HR.
- Rejected – a request rejected by the manager or HR.
- Cancelled – a request cancelled by the requester.
Request management by the HR Department
Requests sent for acceptance to the HR Department are available in Trainings and Development > Training Requests.
The list is divided into:
- Requests by submittal date
Requests submitted by employees and/or their managers sorted by submittal date.
- Requests by specified competencies
Requests sorted by the competencies specified in a given request. If a request does not include the specified competency, it will not be shown on the list.
- Request archive – requests processed by the HR Department.
Request management by the manager
Requests sent for acceptance to the HR Department are available in Trainings > My Team > Team requests sent.
Go to the request list and click on the name of a request to see the details.
Click on the appropriate button to approve or reject a request.
Every time the request status changes, email notifications are sent automatically to:
- The requester – if the request was sent to the HR Department directly from the employee.
- The requester and their manager – if the request was processed by the manager first.
Where to specify wording of notifications
You can freely adjust the wording of notifications to your needs.
You can access all predefined notification content in Settings > Settings > General > Notifications.
Training request notifications start with the “Training requests” expression.
You can personalise email notification wording by inserting tags. Go to this article to learn more about tags.